Download Harbor Path ADAP application here
ADAP funding is made available annually to all 50 states and is to be used to provide medications to people living with HIV/AIDS who have no other payer source such as Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance.
The AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) is part of the Federal Ryan White Part B program, administered through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) at the Department of Health and Human Services. ADAP funding is made available annually to all 50 states and is to be used to provide medications to people living with HIV/AIDS who have no other payer source such as Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance.
Despite appropriations increases, the steady growth in the number of eligible clients combined with rising costs of complex HIV/AIDS treatments sometimes results in states experiencing greater demand for ADAP services. In instances where the need is greater than resources that are available, some ADAPs have implemented waiting lists for program services and medications.
Through the ADAP Waiting List Program, patients on the list receive antiretroviral medications donated by pharmaceutical manufacturers. HarborPath began administering the ADAP Waiting List Program in May 2013.
Eligibility for HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program
Patients are eligible for the HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program if they:
- Meet eligibility for the ADAP Waiting List Program in their state of residency; and
- Have a confirmation letter from their state ADAP indicating patient is on the ADAP waiting list.
Typical eligibility requirements do not apply to the ADAP Waiting List Program.
Healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals seeking to enroll their patients in the HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program should complete a HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program Enrollment Form and fax it with a new prescription to HarborPath at 1-888-237-9831. HarborPath’s pharmacy will fill and ship the indicated medications within 48 hours of receipt of all approved documentation.
Enrollment Process and Form Instructions
Follow the simple steps below to enroll a patient in the HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program:
- The HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Enrollment Form, which also serves as the prescription, must be completed in its entirety.
- An ADAP official must sign the Enrollment Form certifying that the patient is on the ADAP Waiting List. Another authorized agent such as a case manager or social worker who can confirm the patient is on the ADAP Waiting List may also sign the Enrollment Form.
- The prescriber must complete the prescription information on the Enrollment Form.
- The Enrollment Form must be accompanied by a letter from the state ADAP indicating that the patient is on the state’s waiting list and is therefore eligible for the HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program.
- The Enrollment Form, ADAP Waiting List letter and additional prescriptions must be faxed to 1-888-237-9831.
- Within ten days of the patient’s last daily dose, all refills must be called in to the HarborPath automated system at 1-855-877-5953.
- At the expiration of the prescription, a new Enrollment Form along with the ADAP Waiting List letter must be faxed to HarborPath.
For more information about the HarborPath ADAP Waiting List Program, call 1-855-300-8916.
Apply for the Wait List using this form here.